Houston homes are accompanied by great lawns, but you have to maintain them frequently due to the climate . You can get a landscaper to help you get this all done. But what does a landscape contractor do, and what does landscaping include?
Common Landscaping Company Services
Finding the right landscaper to meet your needs requires knowing what they offer and asking the right questions. Here is a quick guide to help you know what to look for before you hire a landscaper.
Lawn maintenance is a good reason to hire a landscaper. Landscaping companies typically offer mowing services to keep your property looking sharp.
If they don’t do their own evaluation already, you’ll likely need to provide your landscaper with the estimated size of your property, and if any areas are blocked by plants, swampy conditions or fences. This will help the landscaper easily determine what equipment to use, and how to quote the job.
Mulching is a great way to make your property really stand out and even increase your property value. You need to ask the potential landscaper what type of mulch they use and how much it will cost to maintain year-round.
What do landscaping companies do for other commercial or residential properties in your area that require mulching? Have your landscaper show you a portfolio of their previous work to better understand what you’re paying for. This can even give you some commercial landscaping ideas to choose from. Houston commercial lawn maintenance companies will usually keep an organized portfolio of their clients to act as proof of quality.
What services does a landscaping company offer when the summer sun starts to burn out your grass? Landscapers typically provide fertilization services throughout the year to prevent burnout. Fertilization will help keep your lawn bright and beautiful.
Aeration is a great service to ask for, as this method allows for better soil water-uptake, reduced water runoff, and even stronger heat and drought resistance. Aeration also helps to break up compacted soil and improve resiliency and cushioning.
Landscaping company services often include leaf removal, which saves time on fall days or when leaves start to wilt and cover your driveway or backyard. Houston residential landscaping companies will sometimes pair spring leaf removal with their mulching services.
Learning how and when to lay sod in Texas is not common knowledge, and depends on the strain of grass you want. If you need new sod to make up for dead or missing patches of grass, then consider using grass planting services from a landscaper who will install it for you. Make sure they are actually clearing out the area rather than installing it on top of existing sod to ensure your grass grows properly. Houston sod installation companies will know the optimal process for keeping your lawn healthy and attractive.
Landscapers go beyond standard services by offering special assistance, including power washing, pest control and even car detailing. Here is what you can expect:
- Power Washing – After lawn care, inclement weather and other elements, your outdoor surfaces can easily become dirty. With a good power service for power washing in Houston, you can get them looking new in no time.
- Pest Control – Pests can easily destroy flowers, fruits or other plants. Get them under control with the help of residential pest control in Houston.
- Car Detailing – Normal use of your car can cause dust buildup, and dull the shine of your rims. Fortunately, you don’t have to go far to get it cleaned. When you take advantage of mobile car detailing in Houston, you can get service right on your lot from your landscape team.
How to Find a Landscaper
Now that you’re aware of the great services that a landscaper can offer, you need to learn how to find a landscaper. There are a ton of ways you can find the best lawn care providers. Here are a few common methods to try:
- Google Search – When you search online, you can easily come across several options for your landscaping needs. For example, searching for Houston commercial landscapers will easily yield a long list of potential companies. However, it’s important to note that many companies use a technique called Search Engine Optimization or SEO to attempt to rank to the top of the search results. Learn more about your prospective company, and avoid picking a landscaper just because they are at the top of your search results.
- Social Media – Social media platforms are a great way to get a wealth of opinions from people. You can use social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or even YouTube to find reviews of local landscapers to consider.
- Review Sites –Review sites are a source that you can leverage to find a landscaper that can provide the services you need.
- Word-of-Mouth Referrals – Get a referral from a friend, family member or neighbor to find reputable landscapers. They’ll be able to share their experiences so you know what to expect.
Questions to Ask Landscapers
Before you commit to any landscaper, there are a few questions to help find the best landscaper for your needs.
Here are some common questions to ask landscapers that you’re considering:
- What are the landscaping services offered? This is a key part of knowing if they can do what you need.
- Are you insured? It’s essential to have insurance to cover any possible accidents on your property.
- How many years in business? Consider selecting a company with several years of experience in what you need.
- Is your staff third party? Some landscaper might use a third party to do the work, so it’s important to ask who will be working on your yard.
- Do you have a guarantee? Get a guarantee in writing and know what it covers.
- Do you offer free estimates? This helps you to save on costs, but companies that charge for quotes may offer an especially high value.
Final Thoughts on Common Landscaping Services Offered
When you’re looking for a landscaper, it’s important to know about landscaping company services and inquire about the array of landscaping services offered. Knowing how to find a landscaper and how to hire a landscaper that you can trust is a great way to ensure an attractive and healthy property.